Monday, January 2, 2012

Year of the Dragon!

Good news to all my fellow 1988 babies, a dear friend from Princeton just reminded me that this year is our year!!! Here's to crossing fingers that her wise Chinese mama has good associations in store for us Dragon people.

Just got back from a movie date with my mom - Sherlock Holmes #2 - and I must say I appreciated the cameo that the Don Giovanni opera played in the dramatic action of the Paris scenes. I've always LOVED the Il Commendatore scene.... I can't wait to get back to rehearsals in February!

A dance colleague just drew my attention to a new Met Opera ballet audition in two Fridays. This one's for Ben Millepeid (Natalie Portman's man man and the Black Swan film's choreographer). I imagine I might be a bit too tall (Natalie's like 4'11 to my 5'8), bottom heavy (Natalie's a size zero... I'm a six!), and musical theatery in my dance style for his tastes, so hopefully I can get back into pristine ballet shape in two weeks!! (Yikes!!)

I foresee ab workouts a plenty in my future...

No comments:

Post a Comment