Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!!

It's resolutions time!

But first, here's a walk through memory lane to investigate the success of mah eleven goals for 2011:

  1. Start a blog to keep myself accountable for dancing/auditions/performance progress (check!)
  2. Work on my diction (partial check... there were some nights and days and songs where words were slurred...)
  3. Take more ballet (check!)
  4. Stop saying "sorry" so often (check!) 
  5. Be more hopeful about love (work in progress, though I've had moderate success, so I'm going to go ahead and say check, but with room for improvement)
  6. Be more put together (about 80% of the time, check)
  7. Learn new songs on the ukulele (check)
  8. Work a new Broadway audition song at least once a month (check)
  9. Try to do at least one new thing a month (I can't believe this, but check!!)
  10. Get a Broadway job (I'd like to think I'm close.... but twenty blocks away at Lincoln Center does not a "Broadway job" make, so no check)
  11. Laugh and go out more (definite and most emphatic check)
All in all, not bad for a year that flew past... Although in the interest of the year to come, I'm holding on to number ten!

*** TWELVE GOALS FOR 2012 ***
  1. Get a job on Broadway
  2. Exercise more, drink [much] less
  3. Take vocal technique or performance class at Broadway Dance Center once a week
  4. Take at least two dance classes a week (auditions cannot be counted!)
  5. Take a few acting classes
  6. Improve my "story telling" in my audition songs
  7. Get back on pointe
  8. Learn a few opera arias (especially Musetta's waltz, for my dad)
  9. Get a [visible] four pack of abs! (Though the dream would be a six pack)
  10. Take more yoga
  11. Study for and take the GRE
  12. Figure out if/when/where I am going to graduate school
Hold on to your hats and skirts, folks, 2012 is shaping up to be another whirlwind year! ...Full of potential and hopefully some moderate improvement on my new resolutions!

May all my friends, family, and fellow performers be met with exciting opportunities and enjoy finding room for improvement in the coming year!

Lots of love,

 A Broadway Baby

1 comment:

  1. Great job on 2011 and good luck for 2012! With your positive attitude, I know it will be a success!

    ReplyDelete