Thursday, January 12, 2012

Good Age Week, Bad Audition Week

Soooo the past three auditions I wanted to go to were not seeing any dancers or singers who were not part of the union, Actors Equity Association. That was not awesome.

In an unexpected bout of good news, I had a great age week! For those of you who are more recently tuning in, yours truly had a really special month in 2010. In the same week, a 26 year old woman suggested I see her plastic surgeon to botox away my fore head wrinkles, and a production assistant for Evita on Broadway asked me if my age range was 28-35.

Welp, haters begone! Just this past Wednesday, I went to see Michael Fassbender's new movie Shame, a very appropriately rated NC-17 film, and the sweetheart at the ticket booth actually CARDED me!!! I hugged her and told her she made my day.... Can't believe she thought I could be 17. And then tonight, the nice old Indian man at the wine shop near my house asked me if I was really 21, because I looked too young. I showed him my California ID, and he was actually surprised!

Oh the romance, thank you New York city for making up for my lousy audition access week with a great age week! The little things in life.

I read a great saying the other day, something about how we should all just stop trying to ignore the rings in a tree trunk. Instead, embrace them, count them! Life is worth living, and awesome experiences come with age!!


No comments:

Post a Comment