Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Second Wind. Finally.

After about a week and a half of feeling quite gloomy and disenchanted (both with New York City and the auditioning/dance scene), an unexpected - but much appreciated - shift has dynamically changed my outlook and energy level!

I'm not proud to say that last week was a lot of snooze buttons, over-sleeping, and looking out the window to see gray-grumbling to myself-going back to sleep behavior. But you know, I guess I just really needed that week to be a grumpy guss.

Suddenly I'm up at 7am both days this week, even managing to get yoga or a good workout in before I head off to the day's auditions.

After a dearth of callbacks, I'm finally getting kept at all manner of dance auditions (Mary Poppins, Annie, Chicago) and feeling something like Stella must have felt when she got her groove back. Literally, my groove is causing a lot less lower back pain, and I'm crossing my fingers this current mode of elation and exuberance (and absence of pain) lasts.

I even managed to start my spring cleaning early! Along with my most fabulous, 6 foot tall, glamazon roommate, we've Cinderella-ed the bejeezus out of the kitchen and the bathroom. I even completely reorganized the linen/storage closet, cleaned my "office" nook, organized my taxes (God THAT was scary) and made another pass through all of my clothes to make a Housing Works donation.

Today felt GOOD. Thank you, Universe. Here's hoping I can bust out some fouettes and old school ballet at the Carousel audition tomorrow... yikes!

Lots of Love,

A Broadway Baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment