Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Love the Holidays, Dread the Packing

Well, my three week sojourn in California has quickly come to its conclusion!  I've almost completely settled back into the slower rhythm of life here in Los Angeles, so it's good that I've got a huge suitcase to pack and 15 degree weather in New York to keep me on my toes!

Things I will miss about this, the sunnier and warmer of the two United States' coasts:

  1. Sunshine
  2. Gardening with my dad
  3. Family meals
  4. My California friends
  5. the HUGE amount of space
  6. All the good smelling candles in my house
  7. My slightly demented kitty
  8. Driving
  9. Inn and Out

But I can't think about those things now... somehow, I have to keep this behemoth of a piece of luggage under 50 pounds (!!) so that I don't get slammed with overweight fees. It was 40 pounds when I weighed it in JFK, but then I was so fortunate to get lots of (heavy) presents... the weight of books and candles really adds up!

Sigh... Didn't traveling by air used to be pleasant and anti stress? My great uncle and aunts speak of the "olden days" of leather seats, and complimentary everything, before there were fees for any little aspect of one's flight that airlines can think to make money on. Meals used to be free with every airplane ticket, golden retrievers could not fly in first class, and space for one's gawky legs was ample. Oh modernization... I am SO iffy on you right now!

It's been an amazingly relaxing three weeks at home, and I've got at least twenty dance auditions in New York to look forward to in January, so I better get back on top of my game, and fast. **Whoops to gaining 4-5 pounds from all that holiday food, bridal shower treats, and cookies! ** I guess I'll dead-lift my suitcase a few times tomorrow morning to see if it feels like 50 pounds or less.

Here's crossing fingers for no extra fees!

Hugs and love and,



A Broadway Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment