Thursday, December 8, 2011

What a Feeling!

After a week of lack luster auditions has left me feeling low, several exciting occurrences have conspired to completely save this week!!!

My weekly meeting with the Future Project volunteer program yielded unexpected revelations that bode well for the future. One of the girls I've been working with is really happy with the progress she's made on her college applications, and to experience her happiness alone reminds me that there is so much to be grateful for.

I went to Strand Book Store in Union Square for the first time and promptly purchased $80 some odd dollars worth of Christmas gifts for my favorite people in the world, and got a free tote bag to boot!

On top of that, tonight was my last performance of La Boheme at the Met Opera this season, and it was definitely my most inspired night yet! My counterpart and I agreed that the aim of the day - acting choice wise - was to play it up as though this was a Paris we had never seen. As a result, everything was fresh and new. We had our hands kissed, we got to flirt with the flag and flower sellers, we had our fortunes read, we watched live horse drawn carriages flutter gracefully across the stage, and we culminated our participation in Act II with our customary exuberant yet staged wave to the audience.

All in all, it was a wonderful way to celebrate and say goodbye to a production that has been an absolute delight.


No comments:

Post a Comment