Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pulled my Auditioning Muscle

Ouch. I am SORE. Haha I guess that is the outcome of firing on all cylinders yesterday. So in hind sight, it's cool to get to five auditions in a day, but holy moly make sure you are well warmed up, stretched, and hydrated. The big one I forgot to do yesterday while running from place to place is to stretch AFTER I dance as well. (Whoops). Only recently, I've begun to learn the value of the practice to stretch both before and after an audition or performance.

My difficulty moving around today strikes a memory chord from one of my voice coaches, who has always told us that auditioning is a technique that you develop in the way that ballet is a technique. The more you practice (the more you get out there to auditions), the better you become (and hopefully, the more likely you are to get hired). However, I've just discovered the flip side of that valuable lesson: sometimes you have to know when to go hard and when to go home. (Right now, I'm definitely home)

In other news, I am SO excited for the premiere of Faust this past Tuesday! If only I could be Marina Poplavskaya in this picture...



No comments:

Post a Comment