Friday, March 18, 2011

RENT Open Call... 525,600...

PEOPLE. Not minutes. People. That is what Rent gave me this morning.

So, methought that I would go sign up at this morning's Rent open call tres early, and then go take floor barre at Steps, sing for the casting peeps, and go to work.

Lo and behold, I arrive on the scene to find a cattle call of most EPIC proportions. There were people who had clearly slept in sleeping bags in the wee hours of the morning to make sure they would be seen. Obviously I was unable to stay and wait, given my other obligations, but a friend of mine was number 799, likely out of 1000. God bless those casting people.

This is not the norm. I have seen some seemingly indomitable cattle calls in my day (500 people at Hair last summer, 600 people vying for space at an open call of South Pacific). Part of me was astounded by how RIDICULOUS it seemed. The other part of me must grudgingly acknowledge that those sleeping baggers show the mark of determination that can make the difference between you getting into a show or not. More power to them. (Must remember on the days when sleeping sounds so much better than waking up at 5am to get to an audition).

Finally, here are some funnies to go along with the sunny springtime of this beautiful day:

http://www.losteyeball.com/index.php/2007/06/19/56-worstbest-analogies-of-high-school-students/

Lots of love,

No comments:

Post a Comment